We’re excited to show you all about essential oils for sore throat because these have a way of working magic in your soft tissues.
Exposure to these healing elements provides soothing relief that may very well surprise you.
The following six represent the best essential oil for sore throat, not only due to recovery speed; but they kill germs and reduce inflammation as well.
Check them out:
1. Peppermint oil: peppermint oil is commonly used in cold medications and to treat sinus infections.
Peppermint works particularly well at reducing inflammation and alleviating associated symptoms. Menthol in peppermint also soothes sore throats and thins out mucus.
2. Eucalyptus oil: there’s a reason eucalyptus oil can be found in cough medication. It has a number of health benefits, such as stress, pain and inflammation reduction.
Interesting aside: Research has shown eucalyptus to have an effect on cancer cells.
3. Lemon oil: lemon oil has anti-inflammatory benefits and it’s extremely high in vitamin C, which can boost immune system function. Lemon oil also increases salivation, which can help to keep a sore throat regularly moist.
4. Oregano oil: this oil can treat a sore throat as well as prevent one. Oregano can even kill a number of extremely tough bugs like MRSA and tough colds.
5. Thyme essential oil: this type of essential oil has been used in ancient medicine. Thyme is known for its antibiotic properties. It can help to kill bacteria that causes sore throat as well as fight other symptoms of a common cold.
6. Juniper berry: If a cold is bringing you down with muscle aches and fatigue, juniper berry essential oil can be effective at fighting bacteria and may help to keep your energy level up.
Regularly using these essential oils for sore throat and aromatherapy in general or can lessen your symptoms and shorten recovery time.
Essential oils for sore throat: References
The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, by Julia Lawless, is Amazon’s highest rated reference book on Aromatherapy.